Vice President, Sales
Full-Time / Hybrid
We are JumpLights
JumpLights is revolutionizing the horticultural lighting landscape. With our breakthrough lighting technology, we are focused on enabling next-generation agricultural yield while lowering the overall cost of production. Our proven lighting technology grows plants fuller and faster than our competitors, and we are well-positioned for growth. We have three best-in-class lighting platforms, and we’ve recently partnered with a major national producer in the greenhouse marketspace to help source and secure additional deals.
Our patent-pending disruptive technology provides full-spectrum light that mimics natural sunlight in a more energy-efficient way than alternatives. We’ve also developed innovative and unique under-canopy lights that enable growers to increase yield within existing grow facilities with only a moderate cost increase. Our core technical and executive team is strong, with proven growth experience in both early-stage and large-scale technology companies.
Are you ready to grow with JumpLights?
There are many sales opportunities where you plug into a position someone just left, or you are “red ocean” battling on price in an existing market. You have to adapt to established systems and processes and the “way we do things around here.” That isn’t the case here and this opportunity is unique. This is a ground-floor opportunity to leverage your unique sales strengths and talents and do the things you wish you could change in your current or previous sales roles but just couldn’t.
With JumpLights, you join an early-stage startup company as the head of sales and a member of the senior leadership team. Your key objective is to close sales, drive revenue, help build the sales organization (e.g., people, systems, processes, etc.) hit your goals, achieve sales targets, and help build a great company. Our initial target market is horticultural lighting products for greenhouse and cannabis growers in the region surrounding the Company headquarters (e.g., VA, DC, MD, PA, WV, DE). With you driving our success, we will expand nationally over time.
What You'll Do
- Lead a high integrity and highly responsive sales organization.
- Deliver revenue and hit sales targets.
- Develop pricing strategy to achieve strong market penetration while managing company profitability.
- Develop top-level sales strategy, including direct sales, reps, and resellers.
- Prepare JumpLights to achieve future (one year out) sales objectives.
- Build a world-class sales organization by hiring motivated and effective salespeople and utilizing reps and resellers when needed.
- Lead the sales organization to achieve annual sales targets in the greenhouse and cannabis grower markets.
- Manage customer satisfaction and service.
- Provide market feedback on JumpLights products and participate in developing new product strategies.
What You'll Need for Success
- Proven track record of selling success.
- Experience selling equipment to the greenhouse or cannabis grower market or comparable agricultural markets.
- Prior experience building and managing a sales organization for a small but rapidly expanding business.
- Experience signing up effective sales reps and resellers to complement the direct sales organization.
- Energy and drive - lots of it. And you’ll need to be hands-on. You will be personally closing sales.
- A Horticultural education or background is ideal. Without it, you’ll have a steep learning curve. Not impossible, but if you don’t have this education or experience, you’ll have to help us understand how you’ll overcome this challenge.
- Commitment to developing a strong knowledge of the industry, our products, and technology.
Where You'll Do It
- This role is regionally hybrid, so your base of operations must be within 50 miles of JumpLights headquarters in Gaithersburg, MD. No exceptions.
- Sales happen on the road, so we expect you to be in front of customers the majority of your time.
- We’ll need you in the office in Gaithersburg at least once every two weeks for strategy and other operational meetings, and you’ll participate in regular conference calls.
- Your success is our success. This role offers a competitive base salary between $90,000 - $100,000, commission on sales, and an opportunity for substantial equity.